Optimizing Special Circumstances
For detailed information regarding optimization of "Special Circumstances," read The College Money Manual
If you have recently experienced job or income loss, high medical expenses, abnormally high expenses for the student's siblings, or similar dramatic revenue and expenditure adjustments, you have Special Circumstances. College Bound Funding defines special circumstances, provides an effective approach which includes being referred to the right department, an economical template for your request, and how to include college staff in this very personally driven request.Benefits of a Special Circumstances Guide:
- How to define your special circumstances in a clear and concise manner
- Where/how you begin your special circumstances negotiations.
- Making sure you arrive with an in-college recommendation when initiating negotiations.
- A format for a phone script.
- A format for the requested written appeal.
- Making sure you have a more personal relationship with somebody on the special circumstances appeals committee.