Financial Need AnalysisBenefits of a financial Need Analysis
- Helps predict the annual cost of college in advance.
- Provides the family with their financial need amounts according to the federal and private colleges system.
- Every dollar of lowered Expected family contribution is another dollar of financial need eligibility.
- Allows family to know if they can increase their financial need and by how much.
- Increased need for the student's first year is also the student base year financially. The award money for the freshman year usually follows the student through all four years.
- A very critical component for selecting affordable college targets.
The Financial Needs is calculated by taking your Cost of Attendance Amount (tuition, fees, room & board, books, personal expenses, travel) and subtracting your Expected Family Contribution Amount (EFC). This difference will help you arrive at your financial need.