College Evaluation Guide
For detailed information regarding optimization of "Special Circumstances," read The College Money Manual
Calling colleges is one of the most important first steps in order to narrow your your list of colleges down to 6-10. College Bound Funding provides a guide for make the most of these early yet important conversations. Personalizing your initial college contact that moves admissions to "YES WE WANT YOUR STUDENT," while forming a personal relationship with your "go to person" at the college.
Value & Benefits of receiving a customized evaluation guide for parent(s) and for the student*:
- Ability to bring admissions counselors to potential college selections to "Yes."
- Initial marketing step by parents to the colleges.
- Making sure the student applies to colleges that are a personal and academic match.
- Getting needed information critical to decision making from the college.
- Narrowing college choices prior to the expense of college visitation.
- Giving student and family a "go to" person in the admissions office and a department for additional questions and fixing any glitches that occur in the maze of college applications.
- Making sure all the right questions are asked.
- Insuring the student gets into a correct dorm instead of the "party dorm."
- Smoothing/ preparing the way for students to call colleges and take more control of the process.
- Giving students a valuable marketing tool which raises their college desirability in this competitive college scramble.
- Preparing the path for a successful college visit.
- Prepares the way for special circumstances (asking for more money) when a family is presented with new financial challenges. See special circumstances information.
- Keeps your "go to" college admissions person ready to accept and record additional SAT or SAT-2 information if your student can take a November or December SAT or a December SAT-2 to improve their score and qualify for more merit money.
*Not effective at large state colleges or Ivy League level colleges